August 1, 2005, the PBT Board of Trustees announced the 2005-2006 season
would be performed to taped music. The orchestra was notified30
minutes before the general announcement to the media.
The musicians of the orchestra who have spent the last 18 years as part
of the PBT family are left with nothing but questions:
- What precipitated this draconian
- Why is the Board of Trustees trying to
solve their fiscal crisis by eliminating half of their artistic product?
- What is being done to eliminate this
- On many occasions the members of the
orchestra offered to assist in fund raising. Why were their offers never
- What is being done to respond to
overwhelming audience demand that the orchestra return to the pit for
the 2005-2006 season?